Tuesday, January 17, 2012

In Order to be Code-Compliant, Replace Those Knobs With Levers!

If your business is not equipped with handicap access locks, door closers, and ramps, then you may be losing business.  It has been popularly believed, and studies conducted by US Lock have shown, that businesses who make their stores handicap-friendly can expect as much as a 30% increase in business traffic.

Think about it.  If your front door has a door knob, then you are limiting your clientele.  Older people with arthritis and handicap people cannot open door knobs very easily.  A lever, on the other hand, is easy to open with an elbow, a fist or forearm.  In fact, at home, I often find myself wishing I had levers!  Especially when I am bringing in an armload of groceries!

If you have church building, then the codes people will probably never bother you.  But, why would you subject your older and handicap members to the pain and discomfort of using knobs?  It does not make sense. 

When you consider installing levers on your building, shop carefully.  I would avoid Yale and Corbin Russwin because of quality issues, and Sargeant and Schlage because of pricing issues.  Now, you can indict me for being self-serving here; but I install the LSDA medium and heavy grade levers for clients like General Mills and Pillsbury.  If you have a medium-duty application, like an office or a church, choose the medium grade.  For industrial areas and high traffic situations, use the heavy duty grade.

Yes, I do sell LSDA levers and I do sell them very cheaply.  They come with a manufacturer's warranty against materials and workmanship.  This warranty is for 15 years.  Call me at 615-308-6794 after you have shopped and give me the name of the lock you would like to purchase and I will try to beat that price!  Do note that there are two back sets for the latches. Most residential doors are 2 3/8 inches and commercial are 2 3/4 inches.  Give me a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment